Abilene Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
Seek Counsel for Challenging TBI Lawsuits
At Hanna Allen, PLLC in Abilene, TX, we are dedicated to providing our clients with the best possible representation for challenging traumatic brain injury (TBI) cases. Our compassionate attorneys understand the struggles faced by those who have suffered a brain injury in an accident due to another party's negligence or recklessness. We are committed to fighting for justice on behalf of our clients and helping them to obtain the financial compensation they need and deserve. Our team takes a comprehensive approach to each case, evaluating it from all angles to protect your rights and pursue maximum results and compensation.
Contact us onlineor dial (432) 220-2649 today to learn more about how we can manage any TBI case.
Common Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Traumatic brain injuries are an extreme form of head trauma, most often caused by a violent blow to the head or asphyxiation. TBIs can be caused by reckless or negligent actions, which can call for an injury claim or lawsuit. We can investigate the circumstances of your accident and brain injury to see if a third party can be held liable for the damage it has caused.
Common causes of TBIs include the following and more:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Traffic collisions and accidents involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, and other vehicles are one of the most common causes of TBIs. If you were hit by a reckless motorist, then they could be solely liable for the losses caused by your brain injury and other injuries.
- Falls: A slip-and-fall accident might not seem that serious at first, but such accidents can be extremely dangerous. Senior citizens in nursing home centers are at a significant risk of hitting their heads when falling, which could make the nursing home liable.
- Assault-related incidents: Intentional acts of violence and wrongdoing can be the cause of a TBI, such as physical assaults. The offender can be criminally charged and tried, as well as face civil action from the surviving victim.
- Workplace accidents: If you suffered a brain injury while working or due to a work-related task, then you might be able to file for workers’ compensation and file a third-party injury claim, depending on who was involved in the workplace accident.
Compensation for TBI Claimants
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) lawsuit can provide you with monetary damages related to your losses and suffering. If you have suffered a traumatic brain injury due to another's negligence or recklessness, you should explore your legal options with our team. We can use our decades of collective practice experience to accurately calculate the compensation owed to you.
The typical damages awarded in a successful TBI lawsuit can include:
- Medical expenses, including emergency care, hospital stays, and long-term treatment.
- Lost wages due to the inability to work.
- Pain and suffering from physical and emotional trauma.
- Loss of consortium, or companionship of a partner.
- Funeral expenses if a loved one was killed as a result of the injury.
Evidence Used to Prove Liability in TBI Claims
To prove negligence and liability in a brain injury claim, you must demonstrate that the responsible party failed to act as a reasonable person would have in a similar situation. Evidence will be crucial to proving your argument. If you have suffered a traumatic brain injury due to another's negligence or recklessness, our Abilene traumatic brain injury lawyers can investigate and find proof of liability on your behalf.
Evidence that can help prove your argument can include:
- Eyewitness accounts or testimonies of individuals who witnessed the incident or accident.
- Photographs of the scene, which can help establish what happened and how it happened.
- Medical records and reports from medical professionals providing care to the victim.
- Expert testimonies from third-party medical doctors who can weigh in on your TBI.
Schedule a Consultation Today – Call Now
If you have suffered a traumatic brain injury due to another’s negligence or recklessness, contact an experienced Abilene traumatic brain injury attorney from our firm. We can help maximize your potential compensation by building a strong claim that pressures the defense to offer a settlement or prepare for a heated courtroom fight. Let us can guide you through the legal process and ensure that your rights are protected.
Don’t hesitate — please dial (432) 220-2649 us today.