Odessa Burn Injury Lawyers
If you have sustained a burn injury in Odessa, due to someone else’s negligence, it is important that you consult with an Odessa burn injury lawyer who knows how to handle these issues and can empathize with what you’re going through.
Burn injuries are some of the most painful injuries that one can sustain. They often result in severe scarring or permanent disfigurement and, in the worst cases, can lead to infection and even death.
Not only can a burn injury be extremely painful, but the memory of the accident and the scars that it leaves behind can also cause a great deal of emotional distress. Those who have suffered severe burn injuries know just how devastating they can be.
The right lawyer can help you recover every bit of the compensation needed to address the physical, emotional, and financial damages you have sustained and are entitled to recover under the Texas Tort Claims Act. That is where our law firm can help. Call us at 432-606-3820 to get help from our team today.
Dedicated Burn Injury Lawyers In Odessa, TX
No one expects to get burned in an accident, but sometimes it happens. When it does, it is important to get an experienced legal team on your side to ensure that you get the care and compensation you need.
At Hanna Law Firm, we are a dedicated team of burn injury lawyers in Odessa, Texas, who help survivors of burn injury accidents get the compensation they deserve. We can ensure that you receive adequate medical care for your burn injuries and that your medical bills are covered immediately after the accident and in the future.
Let us take care of your burn injury claim and ensure that you get the compensation and care you deserve. Give Hanna Law a call today at (432) 220-2649 to schedule a free consultation.
Investigating A Serious Odessa Burn Injury Case
Our Odessa burn injury lawyers have several immediate goals when investigating a serious burn injury case:
1. To ensure that all critical evidence is immediately preserved. We do this by issuing preservation of evidence letters. These are letters sent to all potential defendants or potential at-fault parties, demanding that they not destroy any evidence before we have an opportunity to inspect and examine it.
2. To document your injuries with photographs and videos. Burn injuries change rapidly from one day to the next, so it is critical that we document your injuries frequently and regularly. We then use these images and videos to show the insurance company or jury exactly what you experienced during the recovery process.
3. To coordinate with your medical providers so that we know your treatment, rehabilitation, and medical needs. This way, we can anticipate your initial and future medical expenses and make sure you are compensated accordingly.
4. To determine how and why the accident occurred. We investigate the origin and cause of the accident by gathering and analyzing preserved evidence, testing the products and materials involved in the accident, and identifying the responsible parties as quickly as possible.
In almost every case, we consult with fire and burn experts, accident reconstruction engineers, and other specialists who are trained to look at a burn accident scene after the fact and determine fairly and objectively what happened and who is responsible.
How Much Is My Odessa Burn Injury Case Worth?
The settlement value of a burn injury case will depend heavily on the severity of the burn. Burn injuries can be separated into four classes based on severity, with first-degree burns being the least severe, and fourth-degree burns being the most severe.
FIRST DEGREE BURNS
First-degree burns affect the outer layer of skin (the epidermis) only. If you sustained this type of burn, your skin may be red and painful in the beginning, but will soon heal.
A first-degree burn case, such as those involving a sunburn or touching a hot pot or pan, have very little settlement value, if any at all.
SECOND DEGREE BURNS
Second-degree burns also affect only the epidermis, but deeper than first-degree burns. With a second-degree burn, your skin will be red and painful but may blister as well. These types of burns sometimes result in permanent scarring or discoloration of the skin and may require skin grafts.
The settlement value of a second-degree burn case is typically less than $10,000. However, when a second-degree burn case involves permanent scarring or discoloration of the skin, its settlement value can rise to six figures in some cases.
THIRD DEGREE BURNS
Third-degree burns are severe burns that damage the epidermis as well as the dermis, which is the inner layer of skin that contains connective tissue, blood vessels, nerves, and other structures. This type of burn always requires skin grafts.
The settlement value of a third-degree burn case can be anywhere between $200,000 to $1 million, with third-degree burn cases involving burns to the face being worth tens of millions of dollars in some cases.
FOURTH DEGREE BURNS
Fourth-degree burns are the most severe and cause damage to bones, muscles, and tendons. Fourth-degree burns are potentially life-threatening. If you sustain this type of burn, you will likely need multiple surgeries.
A fourth-degree burn case has the highest settlement value. However, placing a settlement value on a fourth-degree burn case is often difficult, since many fourth-degree burn cases result in amputation or death, for which a fair settlement value is difficult to determine. However, fourth degree burn victims have been awarded as much as $75 million in compensation (Jentz v. ConAgra Foods Inc., 2012 Illinois).
Regardless of the severity of your burn injuries, our Odessa burn injury attorneys will work closely with fire safety experts to prove liability for those injuries. We will also work with top medical professionals, including plastic and orthopedic surgeons, neurologists, and other medical specialists to calculate the true value of your case and secure for you the maximum amount of compensation possible.
How Our Experienced Burn Injury Lawyer Can Help
Burn injury cases are unique from other personal injury cases because of the extensive medical complications that may be involved, including potential infection due to the loss of skin, which is the body’s primary protection from germs and viruses. There is also the lifelong psychological damage that burn victims frequently suffer when their self-perception and confidence are shaken by the resulting scars and disfigurement.
Here are three of the many ways an experienced burn injury lawyer can help:
1. Medical Care – Burn injuries must typically be treated at specialized burn centers with highly trained doctors and staff and unique treatments. An experienced burn injury lawyer will be able to understand the course of treatment you need and ensure that you receive the best medical care available, not simply that for which an insurance company is willing to pay.
2. Compensation – Burn injury claims are unique and sometimes involve more than one source of compensation. For example, if you sustained a burn injury on the job, you should be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits under the Texas workers’ compensation system.
But, you may also be able to obtain additional compensation through a third-party lawsuit filed against a contractor or subcontractor, vendor, supplier, or anyone else other than your employer whose negligence caused or contributed to the accident in which you were injured.
After conducting a thorough review of your claim, an experienced Odessa work injury lawyer will be able to identify every liable party and every source of compensation available to cover your medical bills, pain and suffering, and other damages.
3. Advocacy – Burn injury cases can be complicated and costly. Your burn injury lawyer is an advocate, who can explain and portray the accident that caused your injuries in a way that persuades a jury to help you get your life back.
What Sets Us Apart?We Will Make The Difference
Committed & Passionate Advocacy
We Will Go The Extra Mile to Meet Your Needs
Personalized Attention & Carefully Curated Legal Plans
We Are Always Accessible & Reachable To Our Clients
Hundreds of Millions Recovered For Our Clients
150+ Years of Collective Legal Experience