If you or a loved one have suffered a traumatic brain injury in an accident, call Hanna Allen, PLLC for the legal support you deserve. Our Odessa TX traumatic brain injury lawyers are highly experienced and knowledgeable individuals who understand the complexities of these cases. We can help evaluate your claim and determine the steps that need to be taken to pursue compensation against any opposing party, including major corporations, medical institutions, insurance companies, and more.
Put your TBI case in strong hands. Call us at (432) 220-2649 and ask for a consultation.
Traumatic Brain Injury Causes & Accidents
Traumatic brain injuries are often caused by sudden trauma, such as an accident or physical assault. TBI can be caused by medical malpractice, product defects, unsafe drugs, and other unsafe scenarios.
Common causes of TBI include:
- Motor vehicle collisions
- Falls from heights
- Sports-related injuries
- Acts of violence such as assaults
- Blast injuries from explosions
- Unsafe products
TBI can also occur due to inadequate safety protocols being in place in the workplace. When employers fail to provide adequate protection for their employees and workers sustain a traumatic brain injury, they may be held liable for negligence and the victim may be entitled to compensation for their pain and suffering. With the help of our experienced attorneys at Hanna Allen PLLC, you may be able to seek justice and recovery for your losses, no matter what happened to cause such a life-changing injury.
Long-Term Consequences of TBIs
Traumatic brain injuries often cause long-term consequences and symptoms that can dramatically affect your day-to-day life, as well as your overall health and happiness.
Common long-term symptoms of TBIs include:
- Impaired movement
- Loss of motor control
- Difficulty speaking or understanding spoken language
- Sensory changes (e.g., blindness or deafness)
- Cognitive problems such as impaired memory and concentration
- Behavioral changes such as depression and anxiety
- Sleep disturbances
- Chronic and debilitating pain
The severity of the long-term symptoms depends on the type, location, and extent of the brain injury, and will vary from person to person. Treatment can help to manage some of these long-term consequences, but many TBI survivors live with new disabilities for a lifetime.
Compensation for TBI Claimants
If you or a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury in Texas, you may have the right to pursue compensation for your losses during a personal injury claim.
Two types of damages pursuable in most injury claims are:
- Economic or special: Economic damages cover any reasonable costs associated with the care and treatment of your medical condition. These might include medical bills, medication costs, doctor visits, hospital stays, rehabilitation services, and any necessary equipment such as wheelchairs or crutches. Additionally, victims may be able to recover lost wages due to their injuries if they are unable to return to work.
- Non-economic or general: Non-economic damages refer to any mental anguish or emotional distress related to the traumatic event that caused the injury. For example, if the quality of your day-to-day life has dropped significantly due to a TBI, then that loss of enjoyment can be financially translated into non-economic damage.
Punitive damages are a form of compensation available to TBI victims in rare cases. These damages serve as punishment for the defendant and are meant to discourage similar conduct in the future. They are typically awarded in cases of gross negligence or intentional actions leading to injury. Punitive damages are exceedingly rare, so be sure to talk to an attorney to see if you can expect them in your TBI case.
Get a Consultation About Your TBI Case
If you or someone you love has suffered a traumatic brain injury due to the negligence of another person, don't hesitate to contact the experienced Odessa TBI lawyers at Hanna Allen PLLC. Our friendly and knowledgeable attorneys are here to answer any questions you have and work with you on every step of your injury claim. We understand the hardship and emotional toll that dealing with a TBI can take, and we're committed to helping you get the compensation that you deserve.
Contact us todayfor more information or to schedule an appointment.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What Sets Us Apart?We Will Make The Difference
Committed & Passionate Advocacy
We Will Go The Extra Mile to Meet Your Needs
Personalized Attention & Carefully Curated Legal Plans
We Are Always Accessible & Reachable To Our Clients
Hundreds of Millions Recovered For Our Clients
150+ Years of Collective Legal Experience