Midland Car Accident Lawyer
Free Consultations for Accident Cases
When you’ve been injured in a car crash, our Midland, TX, car accident lawyers may be able to get you compensation. Devastating car accidents caused by negligence cause thousands of injuries and deaths in Texas every year. They result in billions of dollars in medical costs and other financial losses. Accidents can leave individuals and families financially devastated, in addition to causing pain and emotional suffering.
Don’t pay the monetary price because of another driver’s careless or reckless behavior. Our car accident lawyers are experienced professionals with a history of taking on car accident cases and winning. Once we review all the facts of your case, we’ll advise you as to whether you may have a legal claim against the party that hit you.
SKILLFUL MIDLAND, TX, CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS
Each year, nearly 16,000 people sustain serious injuries in Texas from motor vehicle accidents. Approximately 3,600 are killed. This is according to the most recent numbers from the Texas Department of Transportation. In Midland County, where about 5,500 crashes occur each year, hundreds are injured and dozens killed. The annual cost of crash-related deaths in the state is nearly $5 billion, statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show. Costs of non-fatal injuries make that figure even higher.
As this data shows, if you’ve been seriously injured in a car crash, you’re facing the possibility of paying a high financial price. This price is in addition to the physical and mental toll of your accident. If your accident was caused by a negligent driver, you shouldn’t have to bear the cost of their careless behavior. Our skilled car accident lawyer will work to prove liability and get you the compensation you need to pay for the damages you’ve experienced.
Reach out to our compassionate and experienced car accident lawyers in Midland, TX, when you’ve been hurt in a crash caused by negligence. Our attorneys will fight for your right to compensation.
What Should You Do After a Car Accident?
Following a car crash, you will file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. For minor accidents, handling this process yourself may make sense, but when injuries are involved, it’s smart to have the help of a skillful car accident attorney. Attorneys who handle car accident cases understand how to negotiate with aggressive insurance companies. Big insurers don’t like to give up money if they can avoid it. They may offer you a low settlement to quickly end your case and make you go away. Or they may try to avoid paying you anything, and because they employ high-priced attorneys to help them, they may be successful.
By having our experienced car accident attorney on your side, you’ll have a much better chance of getting all the money to which you are entitled. And when our negotiations with insurers aren’t successful, we are fully prepared to stand up for our clients in the courtroom to try and ensure they get the damages they need for all they’ve been through. Call our law firm at (432) 220-2649 when you’ve been injured in a car accident. Our attorneys are here to help innocent victims get the compensation they deserve.
What Are DAMAGES IN CAR ACCIDENT INJURY CLAIMS
Damages are the losses that you ask for in a legal claim. Basic damages that are often claimed in car accident cases in serious injury accidents include payment for:
- Medical expenses, including doctor bills, hospital costs, physical therapy, over-the-counter and prescription drugs and medical devices and equipment
- Wages you’ve lost when you couldn’t work due to your injuries
- Reduced work capacity if you can’t work anymore or can only work part-time or in a lower paying job
- Pain and suffering for chronic pain and emotional trauma
- Scarring, burns and disfigurement that cause pain and anxiety
- Depression and other mental impacts
- Punitive damages meant to punish at-fault parties for egregious negligence.
DAMAGES IN WRONGFUL DEATH CLAIMS
When someone dies due to a motor vehicle accident caused by negligence, their family members may wish to bring a wrongful death claim. A wrongful death claim is much like a car accident injury claim except that family members bring the claim on behalf of the deceased person. We know that no amount of money can ever make up for losing your loved one. But it can help reduce the financial consequences of their death and lessen your stress and worry about making ends meet. It can also serve to bring some justice for your lost family member.
Spouses, children and parents of people who die in negligent car accidents can bring wrongful death claims. Damages you may be able to ask for, depending on the circumstances, include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Medical expenses from the accident
- Pain and suffering of the deceased
- Lost earnings if the person who died was a provider
- Lost inheritance
- Lost love, support and companionship.
LEGAL LIABILITY IN CAR ACCIDENT CASES
Other drivers are most often at fault for injuries and death in negligent car accident cases. But sometimes other parties may also be responsible. Others who may be named in personal injury and wrongful death car accident claims, depending on the circumstances include:
- Trucking companies that employ drivers. Semi-truck crashes are common in the Midland area. Drivers involved in crashes may have been under great pressure by their employers to work harder and faster, resulting in fatigue and accidents. Sometimes trucks are not properly maintained by trucking companies, or trailers are overloaded or improperly loaded, which can result in deadly wrecks.
- Makers of defective auto parts that malfunction, such as brakes that fail, airbags that don’t deploy or electrical system problems that cause sudden fires. Vehicle manufacturers may also be to blame.
- If you were driving on work-related business in a company vehicle, your employer might share fault if the vehicle wasn’t properly serviced or maintained and that contributed to your accident.
- Government and government-contractor agencies that are responsible for designing, maintaining and repairing roadways may also be held liable if their actions or lack of actions result in injury accidents.
- Construction companies that don’t have proper safety precautions in place while working on roads and highways, resulting in dangerous conditions.
These are some examples of how other parties besides drivers may also be liable. In some cases, more than one party can be named in a legal claim.
CONTACT OUR CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER IN MIDLAND FOR HELP WITH YOUR CASE
Our Midland, TX, car accident lawyer from Hanna Law will examine the losses you’ve suffered because of your injuries or your family member’s death and advise you about damages you can claim. Call us at (432) 220-2649 to set up a free case evaluation. The sooner you speak with one of our skilled attorneys the sooner we can begin working to relieve your financial anxiety by holding liable parties accountable.
How much compensation can I get for my car accident?
Every case is different, and compensation depends on the unique evidence involved. Settlements and awards can range from the thousands into the millions. Generally, how badly you were injured and the degree of the driver’s negligence factor into the amount of compensation. If the other driver is found to be especially negligent, for example, such as is sometimes found in drunk driving cases, you could get higher compensation. The skill of your attorney in proving the other driver or party’s fault can also affect how much you could get. Texas follows a modified comparative negligence rule. If the party you’re suing is able to show that you also contributed to causing the accident, your compensation will be reduced by your share of the blame. A skilled Midland car accident lawyer will examine all the evidence and intricacies of your case and work to get you the most favorable result. Call our team at Hanna Law Firm at (432) 220-2649 today to schedule a free consultation.
Will I have to go to court to get compensation?
You may or may not have to go to court to get compensation. Many car accident cases are settled through negotiations with insurance companies. If your case can be settled in this way before trial, then you won’t have to go to court. In some cases, insurers don’t provide fair settlement offers, or at-fault drivers or other parties who cause accidents try to deny responsibility. When these situations happen, the only way to possibly get compensation to pay for your medical bills and other losses is to file a lawsuit and go to court where a judge or jury will decide the outcome of the case. Our car accident attorneys in Midland are strong negotiators and assertive litigators. We will provide knowledgeable guidance that is in your best interests through every step in the legal process.
How much does a car accident lawyer in Midland, TX, cost?
We work on a contingency basis, which means our payment comes out of the insurance settlement or court award money you receive. When we agree to take your case, we’ll discuss with you the fee percentage we ask for in car accident cases. If we aren’t successful in getting you compensation, you won’t owe us anything. Additionally, our Midland law firm provides free, no-obligation consultations. It won’t cost you anything to meet with us so we can learn whether we may be able to help you.
National and state data show that some of the most common reasons crashes happen are:
- Distracted drivers. Texting and other cell phone use is a major cause of distracted driving accidents. Drivers who eat in their cars, apply makeup, shave and otherwise take their attention from the road may also cause crashes.
- Drunk or drugged drivers. Over a quarter of all traffic deaths in the country annually are caused by drunk and drugged drivers.
- Reckless drivers. Speeding, tailgating and other aggressive driving behaviors cause many traffic accidents.
- Fatigued drivers. When drivers are tired, their reaction times may slow or they may even fall asleep behind the wheel and strike other vehicles.
- Poor roadways and weather conditions also contribute to accidents, including roads with potholes and other damage, and icy and snowy roads.
You deserve financial justice when you’ve been injured. After all, if the other driver or entity hadn’t been careless, your life wouldn’t have been turned upside down. No matter how your accident happened and who caused it, we will work to hold the at-fault party accountable. Get reliable legal help when you need it most. Contact our car accident lawyer in Midland, TX, today to get experienced legal representation. Call us for a free consultation by dialing (432) 220-2649.
Time Limits for Filing Car Accident Lawsuits
In Texas, the time limit for filing car accident lawsuits is two years from the date of injury or death. There are many exceptions to this time limit, so always speak directly with our Midland car accident lawyer to learn about deadlines in your case.
Reach Out to Our Car Accident Lawyer in Midland, TX, for Help
You have recourse when you’ve been harmed in a crash that wasn’t your fault. When you reach out to our law firm, we’ll learn all the facts of your case and describe your possible options for going forward with a legal claim. Our attorneys can relieve the stress of dealing with insurance companies and help ensure that you get the compensation you deserve. We can also counsel you throughout the entire process of filing a lawsuit if negotiations are unsuccessful. Don’t try to go it alone when you’ve been seriously injured or lost a family member in a car accident. Our Midland car accident lawyers will look out for your best interests and work to maximize your compensation. Call us today at (432) 220-2649 to schedule a free consultation.