Midland Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Our Midland Motorcycle Accident Attorney Stands Up for Your Rights
When motorcyclists are in crashes, insurance companies often want to blame them for their own injuries. Our West Texas motorcycle accident lawyer doesn’t believe that motorcyclists deserve the bad rap they get as thrill seekers and careless riders. If you’ve been injured in an accident with a car or other vehicle, you shouldn’t automatically be assumed to have caused the crash.
Hanna Allen, PLLC will investigate all the evidence in your crash and if the other driver was negligent, fight hard for your right to get compensation for your injuries. Medical costs can add up quickly in motorcycle accidents. And if you’ve been seriously injured, you may not be able to go to work and earn a living. We take on insurance companies of negligent drivers to help our clients get the money they need to recuperate from their injuries and move on with their lives.
When you’ve been hurt in an accident and need an experienced legal advocate who understands the stigma motorcyclists face, our Midland motorcycle accident lawyer is here to help. We will advise you about the damages you may be able to get for your accident. And we won’t back down in holding the driver who injured you accountable. Call our law firm today to schedule a free consultation by dialing (432) 220-2649. We get results.
EXPERIENCED MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER IN MIDLAND
State statistics show that nearly 2,000 motorcyclists are seriously injured in accidents on Texas roadways and highways every year. Tragically, hundreds more are killed.
Our experienced Midland motorcycle accident lawyer knows that in many of these cases, other drivers were responsible for causing accidents and not motorcyclists themselves. When you work with Hanna Law, we will do the hard work of proving fault for your accident and negotiating a settlement with the insurance company. If you aren’t given a fair settlement offer or the insurer won’t negotiate at all, we’ll counsel you about your options for filing a lawsuit against the negligent driver.
Don’t delay in contacting our motorcycle accident lawyers in Midland for help with your injury case. We also have offices in Odessa, Abilene, and Sweetwater. If you have lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, we can advise you about the possibility of bringing a wrongful death lawsuit.
HOW OUR MIDLAND MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS CAN HELP YOU
Every case is different, but typical damages asked for in motorcycle accidents claims include:
- Payment of current and future doctor, hospital and other medical bills
- Reimbursement for lost wages when you can’t go to work
- Compensation for future lost earnings if you can no longer work or must take a lower-paying job because of injuries
- Property costs for your wrecked motorcycle
- Pain and suffering, which can include compensation for physical pain, scarring, disfigurement, mental trauma, depression, loss of enjoyment of life and other things
- Punitive damages meant to punish the driver if they were especially negligent, such as if they were driving drunk or speeding excessively when they caused the accident
Damages in Wrongful Death Cases
In wrongful death claims, damages may include:
- Medical expenses
- Funeral and burial costs
- Lost earnings and inheritance
- Pain and suffering of both the deceased and survivors
- Loss of love and companionship
- Loss of support and guidance
Spouses, children and parents of the deceased can file wrongful death claims. The personal representative of the deceased person’s estate can file if survivors choose not to file, unless any of the survivors object.
CONTACT OUR MIDLAND MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYERS
We know you’re going through a very difficult and stressful time when you’ve been injured or lost a loved one. We want to make it easy for you to learn what your options are for your accident case. When you contact our responsive law firm, we will set up a free, no-pressure consultation that works within your schedule.
COMMON CAUSES OF MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS
Some of the most common ways that motorcycle accidents happen include when:
- Other drivers turn left at intersections and hit motorcycles that are going straight
- Tailgating or inattentive drivers hit motorcycles from behind that are stopped at lights or slowing to stop
- Drivers change lanes on the road or highway and don’t double check their blind spots for motorcyclists
- Drivers are traveling at high speeds that don’t allow them to react to motorcycles in their path
- Drivers text, talk on cell phones or are otherwise distracted while driving
- People open their car doors without looking for oncoming traffic
- Drivers of other vehicles or motorcycle riders are inexperienced
- People drive while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
No matter how your accident happened, if you were hurt because of a negligent driver, Hanna Allen, PLLC will advise you of your rights and options. But don’t wait to speak with a motorcycle accident attorney in Midland, TX. The sooner you begin the claim’s process, the sooner you will potentially receive compensation from the negligent party who caused your serious injuries.
How much does it cost to hire a motorcycle accident lawyer in Midland?
Our motorcycle lawyers in Midland, TX only get paid if we win your case. This arrangement is called working on contingency. And as highly successful lawyers, we always go into cases expecting to win. When we get you a settlement or award, we take a previously agreed upon percentage of the settlement or award amount. But if for some rare and unusual reason we can’t get you compensation, you don’t pay us anything. Additionally, we provide a free, no-obligation consultation so we can meet you and learn about your accident case. With offices in Midland, Odessa, Sweetwater and Abilene, we help clients throughout West Texas. You have much to potentially gain and nothing to lose by speaking with us when you’ve been injured in an accident caused by another driver’s negligence.
Why can’t I just represent myself and not pay an attorney a percentage of my compensation?
Accident victims aren’t required to have an attorney to file an insurance claim or to bring a lawsuit in the court. But you greatly increase your chances of getting fair compensation with the help of a skilled motorcycle accident attorney in Midland. Unless you are highly knowledgeable about the complex insurance system, you risk not getting the money you need from insurers. You could potentially not get anything if their lawyers can prove that you were at fault for the crash. If your case goes in front of a jury, you may not get anything if you can’t convince jurors that the other driver caused the accident. Attorneys who focus on motorcycle accident cases know how to prove liability and take on insurers and their slick lawyers. They also know how to build effective cases that will be successful in court.
How much money can I get for my motorcycle accident?
Generally, the worse your injuries the more money you could potentially get. But if the other side can show that you shared any responsibility for the motorcycle accident, your compensation will be reduced by your percentage of fault. For example, if your award was $50,000 but it was found that you were 20% at fault, your award would be reduced by $10,000 and you would only get $40,000. If the party you’re suing can show that you were more than 50% at fault, you won’t get anything. For this reason, it’s especially important to work with a highly experienced Midland motorcycle accident attorney who knows how to identify the right evidence needed to establish fault.
POSSIBLE LIABLE PARTIES IN MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT CASES
Typically it is negligent drivers of cars, trucks and SUV’s who are liable in motorcycle accident cases. It isn’t only negligent drivers that cause accidents, though. Here are some other parties that may be liable depending on the circumstances:
- Manufacturers of defective motorcycles
- Manufacturers of motorcycle parts that malfunction
- Government agencies that don’t properly maintain roadways
- Private property owners with dangerous conditions on their properties
- Trucking companies and other employers of people who drive for a living and cause negligent accidents
- Repair garages who don’t properly fix malfunctioning motorcycles
Sometimes more than one party can be held responsible for motorcycle accidents. Once we examine all the facts of your case we will advise you who may be named in a claim.
TYPES OF SERIOUS AND EXPENSIVE INJURIES IN MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS
Motorcyclists are especially vulnerable on the road. They simply don’t have the metal barrier and safety gear around them to lower their chances of serious injuries in a crash. And since Texas doesn’t require riders age 21 and over to wear helmets, those who choose not to wear them also don’t have that extra protection for their heads. What this all means is that when motorcyclists are hit by negligent drivers, serious injuries are highly likely to happen.
Serious injuries that commonly occur in motorcycle accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries – TBI’s can cause lifetime complications and are a leading cause of death for motorcyclists who are in accidents.
- Spinal cord injuries – A fractured spinal cord can result in paralysis and other permanent disabilities.
- Bone fractures – Broken bones can happen when motorcycles fall on riders during crashes or from the impact of being hit.
- Internal injuries – Blunt-force trauma and objects penetrating the skin can result in organ damage and internal bleeding.
- Soft tissue injuries – Bruising, sprains and strains and damage or muscles and ligaments are common results of motorcycle accidents.
- Road rash – Severe road rash from the body meeting the rough road can become infected or leave scarring.
Serious injuries from motorcycle accidents are very expensive to treat. Even if you have decent medical insurance, your deductibles and co-pays can add up very quickly. And some medical procedures you may need to help you recuperate may not even be covered. If you can’t go to work because of your injuries, your financial situation will become even worse.
When you didn’t cause the accident that harmed you, you shouldn’t pay the financial price. Our West Texas motorcycle accident attorney will skillfully pursue compensation for you from the at-fault party. Compensation can reduce your financial stress so you can focus on recovery and not worry about how you will pay the bills.
Generally, the deadline for filing motorcycle accident lawsuits in Texas is two years from the date of the accident. If someone died and you are bringing a wrongful death lawsuit, it’s two years from the date of death. However, there are exceptions to these deadlines. Always consult directly with an attorney to learn what the deadlines may be in your case.
GET HELP FROM A KNOWLEDGEABLE MIDLAND, TX MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
If you’ve been seriously injured in a motorcycle crash, we want to learn your story to determine how we can help you. If the unthinkable has happened and you have lost a family member, we will compassionately listen to you and provide guidance for a path forward. Our skillful attorneys provide powerful legal support when you need it. When you have been harmed due to negligence, we won’t back down in fighting for your rights.